What’s a bride to do before the big day?
Oh, joy! After months of planning, the day that you are waiting for has finally arrived! Are you ready, lovebug? Feel those butterflies in your stomach already? Before heading to the altar, make sure all major and minor details have been covered.
Getting jittery about forgetting something? We’ve created a checklist of the things you need to do before your wedding day. Cue, the final countdown!
7 days before the wedding:
- Iron out all wedding documents and requirements such as marriage licenses and wedding permits. Put those all together in one envelope to make sure they are properly stored and ready for the big day.
- Call and re-confirm the logistics of your wedding suppliers. Let them know of the opening and closing hours of the venue so that they can prepare early and avoid being pressed up for time.
- Do a final dress rehearsal! Try on your wedding gown (although some Filipina brides still believe this is bad luck, it is better to know if the dress needs a last-minute sewing). Complete the look by trying on your jewelry, shoes and veil! Get comfortable with it. You’ll be wearing it for the majority of your big day.
- Have your engagement ring and wedding bands cleaned for that extra sparkly look in that ceremonial shot.
- Complete the last-minute tasks at work. You don’t want an insane amount of work clouding up your head on your wedding day. Let your colleagues know you’ll be away from your computer and your phone to celebrate your big day.
3-4 days before the wedding:
- Draft your wedding vows and speeches already. Practice them in front of the mirror until you feel confident in voicing out your declaration of love to your soon-to-be.
- Do your last-minute gift shopping for all the people who have helped you along the way! Your parents, in-laws, bridesmaids, groomsmen and sponsors will surely love the thought.
- Don your shoes every day for at least an hour. Chances are your shoes are new and will need time to ‘break in’. Walk on different ground textures to see how your shoes will react. While at it, rehearse your final walk to the altar. Get comfy with it!
- Share and communicate a bridal party contact list to everyone involved. In case your florist has a last-minute change in your bridal bouquet, they’ll know who to get a hold of without bothering you on your special day.
- Assign contact persons already. Designate tasks to your maid of honor such as making sure the flower arrangements are brought home after the wedding, wedding favors are given out, and the wedding cake is stored and freezed.
1-2 days before the wedding:
- Have your manicure and pedicure. You have been doing a lot of coordinating through texting so it is better to hold off having manicures until it is the day before your wedding.
- Pack your emergency wedding day kit already. This kit should have all the essentials such as extra feminine napkins, mini sewing kits, and tide-to-go pens (for staining emergencies). This will save your life!
- Place final payments and cash tips in separate envelopes for your wedding suppliers. Label them accordingly. You do not want to be caught scrambling for cash on your wedding day.
- Iron or steam your bride’s robe, handkerchief or your satin bag for that perfect ‘put together’ look.
- Check in with your bridal party if they are good and ready to go! Ask them if they need help in anything.
- Schedule your me-time! Have a relaxing bath, listen to music, write on your journal or whatever gets you in the mood.
Finally, there’s only one thing left to do on the day of your wedding.
- Breathe and enjoy!
There you have it, lovebug. Heed this final countdown checklist and you won’t have to worry about your big day anymore. Take this opportunity to get in the zone and feel this once-in-a-lifetime chance of getting married. Absorb all the happy vibes and you will look glowing on your big day. Congratulations, hun!
To view during the week
Contact us at +63 917 891 2208 / (02) 8584 3199 to schedule a time and to ensure that the event spaces are available for viewing.